How to add, delete and update school subjects
This covers all the subjects offered by the school irrespective of which sections are taking the subjects.
How to add school subjects
The under listed steps are needed in adding subjects;
- Click on school subjects.
- Click on the add button.
- Enter a unique subject code, subject name, subject short name, abbreviation, select subject type, select subject order, name of subject alias.
- Click on the save button.
- Repeat 1 to 4 to add more subjects.
How to delete school subject
To delete school subject, the following steps are needed;
- Click on school subjects under configuration.
- Click on the subject from the list of subjects displayed that you wish to delete.
- Click on the delete button above the list of subjects.
- Click on the ok in the displayed pop-up menu if you are sure you want to delete the subject.
Note: If the subject you wish to delete has been added to the subject section or scores have been saved under the subject, you will not be able to delete it.
5. Repeat the above steps to delete more subjects.
How to update school subjects
Updating school subjects is done using the following steps;
- Click on the school subjects below the configuration.
- Click on the subject name you want to to update.
- Click on the update button above the list of subjects.
- Enter the new subject name, short name, abbreviation, select subject type, select subject order and enter the subject alias. Note: subject code cannot be updated once it is created.
- Click on the save button to save the changes.